What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- We may collect other information that isn’t specifically identifiable to you including, browser information, server log files, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, physical location of your device, Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you, and aggregated information.
- Our website is directed to and intended for use only by those who are over 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under 18 years of age.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we collect personal information?
- Financial institutions (e.g., your credit card company or your bank)
- Services providers
- Marketing partners
- Marketing and advertising agencies and networks
- Previous employers (if you are applying for a job with us)
- Background screening companies (if you are applying for a job with us)
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests, including to contact you if necessary.
- To process and fulfill your order, for example by confirming your order and your billing and shipping information, processing your payments, delivering your products and communicating with you regarding your order
- To send you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, and other promotions.
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us.
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties, including to measure the success of marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates.
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we share your personal information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Shop Montage. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do Not Track Signals
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
If you no longer want to receive promotional emails (such as information about new products, special offers and sales events) or catalogs/source books from us on a going-forward basis, you may “unsubscribe” from receiving such communications by: clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email; clicking the "unsubscribe" link available at the bottom of any promotional emails; or contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. When contacting us, please include your full name and the email and/or postal address that you used when registering or making a purchase.
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Your Privacy Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act “CCPA." If you have provided personal information to Shop Montage may have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold in the past twelve months. You may have the right to:
- Request access to the personal information we have collected about you
- Request disclosure of the personal information we have collected and shared about you
- Request disclosure of the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose
You may also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you
- Security: to detect data security incidents
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
You can opt-out of any “sale” of your personal information as defined in the CCPA. Please understand that we will still share your information in ways that are not a “sale,” such as with our service providers, for our own online advertising purposes. Your opt-out will be specific to the web browser or device you use at the time you exercise your opt-out rights; if you use multiple web browsers or devices, you will need to opt-out from each browser and device.
If you exercise any of these rights you will not be discriminated against in any way.
You may use our online Privacy Request Form [link to form] or by calling [XXXX]
If you choose to exercise any of the rights listed above, for the protection of your information, we will verify your identity.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our Affiliates, Promotional Partners and other third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request).
Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send important administrative messages to you, and you cannot opt-out from receiving such administrative messages. For example, when you place an order, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with information or questions regarding your order.
Changes to Our Policy
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only